Find on my computer Malwarebytes | How to locate malware icon on my PC
Scanning your computer helps detect and remove malware, viruses, trojans, and other potentially unwanted items. If you have Malwarebytes on a Windows device, we recommend scanning your computer at least once a week, even if you have real-time protection turned on.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular security software with features like real-time protection, the threats are neutralized in real-time which makes it efficient to protect your device completely.
As per Wikipedia, Malwarebytes Inc. is an American Internet security company with offices in Santa Clara, California; Clearwater, Florida; Tallinn, Estonia, and Cork, Ireland. It specializes in protecting home computers, smartphones, and companies from malware and other threats. You can read more about Malwarebytes on Wikipedia.
Scan with Malwarebytes for Windows
If you have Malwarebytes for Windows Premium, a scan is scheduled to run automatically, as long as your computer is turned on.
There are three scan methods available in Malwarebytes for Windows: Threat Scan, Custom Scan, and Hyper Scan. The Threat Scan is the most thorough and recommended scan method available.
Install Malwarebytes & Scan Your Computer for Malware
The version of Malwarebytes you will download is free. Malwarebytes is distributed for free by the developer for personal use.
Note: The free version of Malwarebytes requires you to check for updates before every scan. These updates are completed automatically in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO.
- Go to https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/.
- Click Download free version. You may be redirected to another site; follow the instructions on that page to download Malwarebytes.
Note: If prompted to purchase Malwarebytes, decline and proceed with the free version.
- Save the installation file to your computer.
- After the download is finished, double tap the document to start introducing Malwarebytes.
- Adhere to the directions on the establishment screen. Note: Make sure Enable free preliminary of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO is unchecked.
- After you complete the process of introducing Malwarebytes, update its malware definitions before you check your PC.
Update & Run Malwarebytes | find on my computer malwarebytes
Updating your malware database ensures Malwarebytes can detect the newest forms of malicious software. You should always update Malwarebytes before running a scan.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open Malwarebytes. Windows 7 or Vista may prompt you with a User Account Control window, asking if you want to allow Malwarebytes to make changes to your computer. Click Yes.
- Malwarebytes will generally prompt you to download and install any available updates when you open the program. To check for and install updates manually, click the Update tab, then click Check for Updates.
- You are now ready to run a scan.
If running scans with Malwarebytes and Sophos Endpoint Security do not resolve problems you are experiencing with your computer, contact the IT Help Center.
- On Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware screen, click the Scanner tab. The Scanner window will open.
- On the Scanner window, select one of the first two options:
- Perform quick scan: Recommended in most cases.
- Perform full scan: Select this option if a quick scan has not solved your problem.
- Click Scan. If you are running a quick scan, Malwarebytes will start scanning. If you are running a full scan, select the disk drive to scan, then click Scan.
- If Malwarebytes detects a threat, it will place the suspicious file in quarantine. After the scan is complete, click the Quarantine tab and review the threats Malwarebytes detected:
- Malwarebytes may incidentally characterize a genuine program as malware. On the off chance that you think Malwarebytes isolated a real program, select its name and click Restore.
- To forever erase a malware program, select its name and click Delete.
- In case you’re uncertain about whether the danger is a malware or an authentic program, contact the IT Help Center.
- After the scan is complete and you have addressed any threats placed in quarantine, click Exit to close Malwarebytes.